- Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting (4th)
- Ministerial Conference on Water, 22 December 2008, Dead Sea (Jordan)
- Ministerial meeting on sustainable development projects in Paris, 25 June 2009
- First meeting of the Water Expert Group, 7-8 Sept'09, Athens
- Towards the new Long Term Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean, Cairo, 2-3 Nov'2009
- 2nd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 4 Nov'09, Cairo
- Contribution of local and regional authorities to the Water Strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean, Lyon, 23-24 Nov'2009
- 3rd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 25 Feb'10, Madrid
- IV Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Water, 13 April 2010, Barcelona (Spain)
- For'um, 27 May 2010, Marseille
Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting
The Union for the Mediterranean Secretariat is now in place and has received a working budget for the future identification, development and promotion of UfM-branded projects.
In that context, the Water Expert Group (WEG) will meet for a technical workshop to be held at the Palau de Pedralbes, headquarters of the Union for the Mediterranean’s Secretariat, in Barcelona on 17-18 May 2011.
The meeting will address two main issues. First, it will be an important step towards the implementation offuture projects in the field of water in the Mediterranean. Moreover, recognizing that the strategy for water in the Mediterranean (SWM) has not yet been approved by the 43 member states/participants mainly for political rather than technical reasons, the meeting will also discuss future technical organization for the drafting of the Action Plan as decreed by the Ministerial conference on water held in the Dead Sea (Jordan) in December 2008, so that the strategy and its action plan (if ready) may be submitted together for endorsement whenever the Co-Presidency deems appropriate. A full agenda and other relevant information will be provided as soon as it is finalized.
Dr. Rafiq Husseini , Deputy Secretary General for Environment and Water : Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean Palau de Pedralbes C/ Fernando Primo de Rivera, 11 08034 Barcelona
(email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org )
Phone: +34 93 521 41 60
|Source||Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean|
|Subject(s)||AGRICULTURE , ANALYSIS AND TESTS , BIOCHEMISTRY-CHEMISTRY , BREEDING AND AQUACULTURE , CARACTERISTICS OF WATER AND SLUDGE , CIVIL ENGINEERING , CLIMATOLOGY , COMMON PURIFICATION AND TREATMENT PROCESS , ENERGY , ENVIRONMENT , EXACT SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES , FAUNA , FINANCE-ECONOMY , FLORA , GEOLOGY , HEALTH- HYGIENE- PATHOGENIC MICROORGANISM , HYDRAULICS, HYDROLOGY , HYDROGEOLOGY , INDUSTRY , INFORMATION- COMPUTER SCIENCES , LAND SETUP , MEASUREMENT AND INSTRUMENTATION , METHODS AND STATISTICS , NATURAL MEDIUM , NETWORKS PIPES , POLICY , POLLUTANTS , PREVENTION AND NUISANCES POLLUTION , QUALITY MONITORING- ENTERPRISE , RESSOUCE CATCHMENT AND WATER DISTRIBUTION , RIGHT , RISKS , SLUDGE , STRICTS PURIFICATION PROCESS , STRICTS TREATMENT PROCESS (DRINKING WATER) , TOURISM-SPORT-HOBBY , WATER ARRANGEMENT , WATER POLICY AND WATER MANAGEMENT , WATER QUALITY , WATER TYPOLOGY|
|Address||at the Palau de Pedralbes, headquarters of the Union for the Mediterranean’s Secretariat, Barcelona|
|Organizer||Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean|
|Period||[ - 11/05/2011]|