- Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting (4th)
- Ministerial Conference on Water, 22 December 2008, Dead Sea (Jordan)
- Ministerial meeting on sustainable development projects in Paris, 25 June 2009
- First meeting of the Water Expert Group, 7-8 Sept'09, Athens
- Towards the new Long Term Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean, Cairo, 2-3 Nov'2009
- 2nd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 4 Nov'09, Cairo
- Contribution of local and regional authorities to the Water Strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean, Lyon, 23-24 Nov'2009
- 3rd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 25 Feb'10, Madrid
- IV Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Water, 13 April 2010, Barcelona (Spain)
- For'um, 27 May 2010, Marseille
Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting (4th)
The Union for the Mediterranean Secretariat is now in place and has received a working budget for the future identification, development and promotion of UfM-branded projects.
In that context, the Water Expert Group (WEG) met for a technical workshopat the Palau de Pedralbes, headquarters of the Union for the Mediterranean’s Secretariat, in Barcelona on 17-18 May 2011.
The meeting addressed two main issues:
- The implementation of future projects in the field of water in the Mediterranean.
- Recognizing that the strategy for water in the Mediterranean (SWM) has not yet been approved by the 43 member states/participants mainly for political rather than technical reasons, the meeting also discussed future technical organization for the drafting of the Action Plan as decreed by the Ministerial conference on water held in the Dead Sea (Jordan) in December 2008, so that the strategy and its action plan (if ready) may be submitted together for endorsement whenever the Co-Presidency deems appropriate.
The meeting was attented by more than 60 delegates from 22 UfM countries.
Below are the presentations given during the meeting and the conclusions reached by the participants that will be presented to the next Senior Official Meeting in Brussels by the end of May 2011.