- 5th Water Expert Group (WEG) Meeting, Luxembourg, 23-24 Nov'2015
- Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting (4th)
- For'um, 27 May 2010, Marseille
- IV Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Water, 13 April 2010, Barcelona (Spain)
- 3rd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 25 Feb'10, Madrid
- Contribution of local and regional authorities to the Water Strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean, Lyon, 23-24 Nov'2009
- 2nd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 4 Nov'09, Cairo
- Towards the new Long Term Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean, Cairo, 2-3 Nov'2009
- First meeting of the Water Expert Group, 7-8 Sept'09, Athens
- Ministerial meeting on sustainable development projects in Paris, 25 June 2009
- Ministerial Conference on Water, 22 December 2008, Dead Sea (Jordan)
3rd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 25 Feb'10, Madrid
The third Water Expert Group Meeting, supported by the European Commission, took place in Madrid (Spain) 25 February 2010, in Madrid, Spain, under the co-chairmanship of France, Egypt and Spain. Participation was opened on invitation ONLY to members and observers of the Water Expert Group -WEG.
This WEG meeting focused on the elaboration of a new Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean based on the proposal of the Technical Drafting Group -TDG-. The TDG was defined at the last WEG meeting in Athens in September 2009 (composed of Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Spain, Syria, Croatia, the European Commission and the League of Arab States). The TDG met in Madrid on 3-4 February 2010 to prepare the first draft verion of the text of the new Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean. The text has been discussed and a roadmap for its finalisation agreed.
This strategy is aimed to be adopted at the next Ministerial Conference on Water, 13 April 2010, in Spain.