- Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting (4th)
- Ministerial Conference on Water, 22 December 2008, Dead Sea (Jordan)
- Ministerial meeting on sustainable development projects in Paris, 25 June 2009
- First meeting of the Water Expert Group, 7-8 Sept'09, Athens
- Towards the new Long Term Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean, Cairo, 2-3 Nov'2009
- 2nd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 4 Nov'09, Cairo
- Contribution of local and regional authorities to the Water Strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean, Lyon, 23-24 Nov'2009
- 3rd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 25 Feb'10, Madrid
- IV Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Water, 13 April 2010, Barcelona (Spain)
- For'um, 27 May 2010, Marseille
Towards the new Long Term Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean, Cairo, 2-3 Nov'2009
This Egyptian-Dutch Water Conference aims to contribute to the
development of the Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean as well as
the December 2009 UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen. It will do so by
addressing the four themes of the Strategy. The Conference also offers
an excellent opportunity to relate to international policies (including
those of the European Union, Climate Convention, World Bank, UNEP,
The Conference will be an open, multi-stakeholder event, though non-formal, in the process of the preparation of the Strategy. The latter is guided by a Water Expert Group within the Union for the Mediterranean.
The Conference will be held on 2 and 3 November, in Cairo, Egypt. It is jointly organised by the:
· Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
· Egyptian Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation
· Supported by: the Egyptian-Dutch Advisory Panel on Water Management, Cooperative Programme on Water and Climate, and the Global Water Partnership- Mediterranean.
The Conference will be organised in conjunction with a meeting of the Circle of Mediterranean Parliamentarians for Sustainable Development (COMPSUD) and the Circle of Mediterranean Journalists for Environment and Sustainable Development (COMJESD).
Participation is solicited from policy makers (Water Experts), political leaders, scientists, international/ regional organisations, parliamentarians, NGO’s and media, from multiple water-related backgrounds.