- Water Expert Group (WEG) Technical Meeting (4th)
- Ministerial Conference on Water, 22 December 2008, Dead Sea (Jordan)
- Ministerial meeting on sustainable development projects in Paris, 25 June 2009
- First meeting of the Water Expert Group, 7-8 Sept'09, Athens
- Towards the new Long Term Strategy for Water in the Mediterranean, Cairo, 2-3 Nov'2009
- 2nd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 4 Nov'09, Cairo
- Contribution of local and regional authorities to the Water Strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean, Lyon, 23-24 Nov'2009
- 3rd meeting of the Water Expert Group, 25 Feb'10, Madrid
- IV Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Water, 13 April 2010, Barcelona (Spain)
- For'um, 27 May 2010, Marseille
Contribution of local and regional authorities to the Water Strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean, Lyon, 23-24 Nov'2009
During the Mediterranean Forum for Local and Regional Authorities, held on 22 and 23 June 2008 in Marseille by the Mediterranean Commission of United Cities and Local Governments, local and regional authorities affirmed their intention to mobilize their efforts in order to promote decentralized cooperation in the Union for the Mediterranean.
The Presidency of the Union for the Mediterranean, along with, in particular, Mr. Jean-Louis Borloo, the French Minister for Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and Water, and Mr. Mohamad Nasr Eldin Allam, Egyptian Minister for Water Resources and Irrigation, proposed, during the Ministerial Conference for Water that was held in Jordan on 22 December 2008, that local authorities organize a Conference on « Water » strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean.
The Mediterranean Committee of United Cities and Local Governments organised an international conference on 23 and 24 November 2009, at the Congress Centre (Palais des Congrès) of Lyon (France). This conference focused on: the contribution of local and regional authorities to the water strategy of the Union for the Mediterranean.
This meeting resulted in recommendations coming from local and regional authorities on the water strategy of the Union of the Mediterranean. It also allowed to identify the projects of decentralized cooperation to be presented at the Union for the Mediterranean and at reinforcing the support from important donors for the projects led by Mediterranean authorities.
For further information:
- Laurence GRIETTE - Tél : +33 (0)4 91 55 48 12 - Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org